The Cariboo Inn

(509) 861-1266

Restaurant Only:
(509) 422-6109

Visit Our Location

Shower Door Bathroom Tub Double Beds

About Our Historic Hotel

At The Cariboo Inn, we're incredibly proud of our part in Okanogan history. Over the years, our building has served as a space for locals and travelers alike to unwind and enjoy our comfortable surroundings. Be sure to read our full story for more details about our building's history.

Our Story

December 18th, 1925 marked the formal opening of The Cariboo Inn, approximately one year after a fire destroyed the landmark Bureau Hotel. Strongly promoted by the Commercial Club, the building of the Cariboo Inn received solid financial support from local citizens with most of the interior furnishings purchased from local merchants.


Jacuzzi Suite Seating Area

The name of the hotel as adopted following a suggestion made by Miss Harriet Woody. The name was considered very appropriate since much attention was being given to the promotion of the Okanogan-Cariboo Trail as a tourist route through the valley to Canada.

The first manager of the hotel was Joseph E. Hurley, who had previously managed a large hotel in Waterville. The hotel provided 34 bedrooms on the second floor, all constructed with "the latest in sound-proofing materials". The main floor was divided into the lobby, dining rooms, storage rooms, and a professional office space.

The formal opening was marked by a special dinner in the dining room with Steiner's orchestra playing continuously in the lobby. A dance at the Masonic Temple capped the evening, with music provided by Bert Ladd's Orchestra. While there have been a variety of owners through the years, the Cariboo Inn has served the community of Okanogan continuously since 1925 as a social hub for the community and our visitors.